Monday, April 8, 2013

Meal Plan Monday

Time for some meal planning fun. This week is all about convenience. The meals aren't that healthy, but it's a crazy busy week. My breakfasts and lunches are pretty good, but dinners are a little iffy. It's all about moderation, so I'm ok with that.

Monday
B-potato, egg, avocado and salsa bowl
L-soup, cheese stick, carrots and an apple
D-meatball sandwiches w/ broccoli and fruit

Tuesday
B-overnight oats w/ banana and blueberries
L-leftovers (either chicken spaghetti or meatball sandwiches)
D-kids and me: hash (pan-fried potatoes and onions with ground beef) or pigs in a blanket

Wednesday
B-potato, egg, avocado and salsa bowl
L-pita pocket w/ tuna salad and spinach, carrots and fruit
D-leftovers (have to be at school all evening; Chad has a work event)

Thursday
B-overnight oats with PB2 and banana
L-soup, cheese stick, carrots and fruit
D-enchiladas, beans and sauteed veggies

Friday
B-Subway breakfast flatbread
L-Subway sandwich
D-breakfast for dinner :)

Saturday
B-chocolate Lavish oatmeal and a banana
L-sandwiches
D-grill out? lentil/chickpea soup?

After a week of no sugar, I've found that I am definitely not craving it as much. I gave myself "permission" yesterday to have some candy, but nothing really sounded good. I did have an ice cream sundae for dessert with some mini m&m's. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly as good as I would have thought. In fact, I found myself craving fruit. Pretty cool. I will say, though, that I really missed my coffee. Since I couldn't have sweeteners, I just didn't drink any. It was so nice to enjoy a couple of cups yesterday :)

1 comment:

  1. I found the same thing... I had some frozen yogurt last night and it was not as good as I expected... I'm hoping the "reset" sticks! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete