Thursday, April 18, 2013

Three Thing Thursday



1. Boston. I've decided to run 26.2 for Boston...but not all at once :) Starting with Saturday's 10K, I'm going to run 26.2 by Monday, April 29. It will definitely be pushing it, but I want to acknowledge the hard road those affected by the Boston bombings have to face by pushing myself to do more than I normally do. I originally had this idea late one night this week, but then I saw that someone else had aleady started the idea. Works for me. There's a Facebook page if you're interested. I'll also be wearing the Runner's Unite race bib this weekend (and I'll try to remember to take pictures with it throughout the 26.2 next week) as a way of honoring those affected.

2. West, TX. My heart goes out to those in West, TX after the fertilizer plant explosion. So many were lost, injured or affected. I can't imagine the heartache for the entire community.

3. To be honest, I don't have a third...at least not one that can go with these horrible tragedies. I am still having a hard time wrapping my brain around these events. I'll leave it with a verse of comfort and a link to a song that gives me peace:
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. -John 16:33   "Where I Belong" Building 429    

1 comment:

  1. I think the verse is a perfect #3 for your "Three Thing Thursday". :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete