Saturday, June 4, 2011

One More Mile

I first got a shirt from One More Mile as an encouragement gift during a rough week of my half marathon training from my parents. It said "13.1...'cause I am only half crazy." And here it is...


I was afraid to wear it until after I'd actually run that distance (didn't want to jinx anything), and because it was a tank, it worked out better to wait anyway. But once I did? I loved it! It fits perfectly, snug enough to stay put but loose enough to stay cool. The fabric breathes really nicely as well. You can see me wearing this top here:


Ok, so you can barely see me, but I'm in the white visor toward the center of the picture. I don't know why I didn't take pictures at this race. Well, I know why I didn't take them afterwards since I didn't meet my time goal, but you would think I'd have taken one beforehand.

So, when OMM offered a Running Day discount this past Wednesday, I took advantage of it. I had a really hard time choosing from all of their slogans...it was a toss-up between "Running is a mental sport, and we are all insane" and "It's funner with a runner" (funny because I'm an English teacher). I knew I wanted a non-race connected one to train in, but there are tons of great ones for races..."If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin" or "Dear God, Please let there be someone behind me to read this" and those are just a couple of them!

I finally decided on a green tank that says One Bad Mother Runner. I also decided to give their running skirt a try. At $29 before the discount, it was worth a try. I'm picky about my skirts, especially the short length underneath, but I thought at that price, I could wear it around town this summer, if nothing else.

One neat thing about getting new stuff in the mail is that it comes like this: 


And here's what was inside those sweetly wrapped gifts (with a magnet attached and a personal thank you)...


My picture doesn't do them justice! The green is a much brighter green.

I tried them on...the shirt, as expected, fits perfectly. I love the way the skirt fits...it's light and airy and I love the velcro pockets on both sides. I'll have to give it a test run soon to give you a real verdict on the skirt though. I think I'll wear it for my Insanity Virtual 5K later this week :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to hear about the skirt. Its warming up and I need more skirts and you can't beat $29!

    ReplyDelete