Thursday, June 7, 2012

Three Thing Thursday

1. Today started (well, after we actually got up and going) with this...


Yep, both of my kids are now in glasses. Ryan has been in them since he was 3. Sarah Beth just got them due to an astigmatism. She is doing really well with them and is pretty proud of the ones she picked out herself.

2. I am loving having some time to cook and play in the kitchen. And while I have made a few things with the kids, I really do enjoy time to myself in the kitchen. Tonight, I grilled (on the George Foreman) pork chops, attempted to make PW's smashed potatoes and roasted some fresh corn. The potatoes ended up being the best part even though they didn't work according to the recipe. I boiled some red potatoes from the Farmer's Market. When they were fork-tender, I attempted to smash them in a roasting pan using the bottom of a glass and then a potato masher. That didn't go well, so I gave up and diced them up. After brushing on some oil and salting them, I roasted them at 450 for about 30 minutes, topping them with a little more salt, some garlic powder and just a smidge of sugar. Yum!

3. It's 10:45 at night and I have yet to do today's workout for the Another Mother Runner Challenge...but that doesn't mean I won't. I'll squeeze in a mini ab workout before I go to bed. It's not much, but it's more than I was doing :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kiddos look adorable!

    oh I would have totally messed up those potatoes...they just never taste right, so I only buy and cook sweet potatoes...they are super easy and delicious too!

    ReplyDelete