Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Garmin...what else can it do?

Ok, so this has nothing to do with yesterday's run, but it is a picture of my Garmin
I have to admit, I am not a technological wizard. I get by and can figure out most things. However, I have not figured out my Garmin's capabilities at all. I use it for two things: 1. How far have I gone? and 2. How long did it take me? I'm just now realizing all it can do.

For example, I wanted to know my mile splits from yesterday's long run. I didn't know I had to set it to do that. I really thought I could just plug my Garmin into my computer and it would tell me. Wrong. I did figure out through the Connect.Garmin website how to get my total time at each mile, so I can figure my splits (although math is not my strong suit). Still, here's what I came up with for my splits:

Mile 1     10:06
Mile 2     10:19
Mile 3     11:00
Mile 4     10:34
Mile 5     10:47
Mile 6     11:05
Mile 7     10:23
Mile 8     9:50 (oh, yeah!)
Mile 9     10:11   

My 10K time was 1:05:54, which isn't too much slower than my 10K race. What I was most proud of was that my 8 mile time was 1:24:04. Last week, I did 8 miles in 1:26:30 and the week before that, I did 8 miles in 1:31:30. That makes me happy!

So now, I am on a quest to figure out what else this thing can do (and maybe even break out the heart rate monitor that came with it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment