Dear Me at 23,
Look at you, you newlywed! Here I am 10 years from now, and I want to let you in on a few secrets. You'll learn them as you go, but this might make things a little easier.
1. Enjoy what you have now. Someday you will miss that tiny waist; appreciate it now. Someday you will miss that little house; make the most of it. Someday you will forget what a clean house and a few hours to yourself are like; enjoy them now.
2. What feels like big things at the time will work out. For you, it will come in terms of infertility and the stress it brings. Don't worry. Everything will happen in God's time and in God's way.
3. Quit stressing the small stuff...and it really is all small stuff. Your teaching will improve with each year. You'll learn to let go of what doesn't really matter. You'll develop your own ways of handling the day to day things.
4. Appreciate your friends. They won't stay the same or in the same place for long. Enjoy them while you have them, stay connected, and learn to love on others when they aren't there.
5. Go ahead and build a routine of working out now. That won't always be the case. And it's much harder to start over than it is to just keep on going.
Ok, so maybe none of this is earth shattering, but maybe it is helpful in some way. Smile. It really does make things better.
Your older, wiser Self
Love this! But at the same time, I'm glad that I didn't have a 33 year old me giving a 23 year old me advice. Who knows how my life would be different!ReplyDelete
Good advice! It's so hard not to stress about the small stuff, isn't it?ReplyDelete
Here is my post. A little tough love…but it was needed. I was a mess last year.
GREAT advice to yourself!! Love it! I really wish I could have given myself advice 10 years ago...ReplyDelete