Thursday, August 2, 2012

When do you workout?

(This is part of August's blog challenge hosted by Fitness Cheerleader.)

Day 2 is pretty easy...Do you workout morning or night? Why?

I am most definitely a morning runner (although late nights are making for some difficult mornings this summer). During the school year, I get up and run on the treadmill in my garage at 4 or 4:30 in the morning, just to get the run in before the day begins. If I don't do that, the run won't happen. At all. Ever.

I love starting my day with a run. It just sets the tone for the rest of my day. The hard part is done, in a way. It gives me more energy. It gives me some mental clarity. It gives me time later to do what I want with my kids or hubby. If I wait until the end of the day, I have to take time away from them to get the run done. Or it doesn't happen at all because I'm out of energy and other things take precedence (like laundry or sleep). So, by running first thing in the morning, I'm guaranteeing my "me" time and putting myself first, at least for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment