Monday, August 6, 2012

The ups and downs of a year

(This is part of Fitness Cheerleader's blog challenge.)

This past year has held its share of highs and lows...and looking back makes me realize that the highs definitely outweigh the lows.

The highs
-rode 25 miles with my husband last August in the Hotter N Hell
-Ryan started preschool
-ran more than 1100k in 2011 (my goal)...actually running more than 800 miles
-ran RnR Vegas with my best friend (and renewed my vows with my hubby while we were there)
-my husband did C25K and we ran two 5k's together
-met my sub-60 10k goal right at the end of 2011
-ran with my husband and kids and other family (sister, brother, parents) many times

The lows
-my father-in-law had brain surgery...a very scary time for our family
-I had a nasty bout with strep in the spring (not too bad for a low, I know)
-I had a horrible 15k race in the spring, forcing a self-imposed break for a few weeks
-I had my gallbladder removed...yet another setback

No comments:

Post a Comment