Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What if?

(This is part of Fitness Cheerleader's blog challenge.)

Life is filled with "What if?" moments. What if I were born in a different time period? What if I hadn't done this or had done that? But I don't live with regrets and choose not to dwell in the what if's. That being said, the one and only "What if?" I have thought about is "What if I hadn't gone away to college?"

The reason I have pondered that one is because my life would be so much different if I hadn't. If I hadn't left home for college, I wouldn't have met Chandra, my sole sis. I wouldn't have had so many experiences that shaped and defined me. I wouldn't have decided to move back home when I did, where I found a job that ultimately led me to my husband. Not going to Angelo State would have altered the course of my life...and I wouldn't want it any other way than what I have now.

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. I could have saved myself some homesickness and heartache (not to mention time and money) had I stayed home. However, I wouldn't trade that decision for the world because of where it led me.

1 comment:

  1. I've had similar thoughts and I'm always amazed at how every little step in my lift led me to where I am and made me who I am! Love you!

    ReplyDelete