Friday, December 31, 2010

Last run of the year

I don't know why, but this morning's run felt especially good. Not so much in the physcial sense either. It was my last run of 2010. It was only 2.5 miles. It was outside. It was cold (but not too cold: long sleeves, fleece vest, hat, thin gloves). It was clear and sunny. It felt great.

I found myself, once I realized it was my last run of the year, thinking about all this year has held, both in my running life and real life. Some highlights?
Running
-2 10K races (one kicked my butt...the other, I kicked its butt)
-a handful of 5K races, some good, some not so good
-a marathon relay with my family
-a full year of running with only a short break after 10K #1
-few injuries
-tons of training knowledge gained
-new habits formed

Health
-maintained the majority of my weight loss from 2009
-learned to like healthy foods like homemade yogurt, oatmeal, steamed broccoli, etc.

Life
-daughter went to preschool in the first part of the year and started kindergarten in the fall
-son got glasses and is quickly growing out of the toddler stage
-walked 60 miles and raised $3000 for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure
-Life is good!

I didn't focus on the New Year or new resolutions this morning. There will be time for that later today and into tomorrow. Today is about being thankful for all the blessings in my life. When I got in from my run, there were my two kids happy to see me (for once) and my hubby in the kitchen cooking up some yummy bacon and eggs. Partner those with some toast (Texas Rangers design, no less!) and some plum jam and it reminded me of my grandmother, whose birthday would have been yesterday. And instead of being sad, it just made me grateful for all the good things I've had and all the blessings I have in my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment