Saturday, January 8, 2011

10 p.m. already?

And I didn't get my long run in. Go figure. I am blaming it on having to work on a Saturday morning today. I would much rather have been running. Watching a bunch of students take a test was quite boring, although I did find out that I can read a 200-page book in about an hour and a half. I got home around lunch time, but after the first week back to school after the holidays and then working this morning, I didn't want to head back out the door. Plus, we still had a Christmas tree to put away...and gifts that needed homes...and a kitchen to clean. So, the run had to wait. I kept saying I'd run on the treadmill tonight, but 9 p.m. rolled around and I didn't want to start a run then. I'll run tomorrow, either after lunch (never a great idea, I've found) outside or in the evening on the treadmill.

Now that January is here, I've realized that not only do I have to get my training in for the half marathon, but I also have to raise my $250 for the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure program. My idea is to get a business to sponsor me the whole amount and then air-brush tattoo their logo or a dedication they'd like on my upper shoulder (since I'm planning on wearing my tank and arm warmers) for the race. I figure $250 to a charitable organization and free advertising should work, right? I hope so...it sure is hard to nickel and dime it for the donations...but I can do it if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment