Sunday, February 27, 2011

Saturday Sound-Off...on Sunday again...oops

I totally meant to post this yesterday, but then we did a rare thing...we were spontaneous :) We ended up on a double date with some friends of ours last night and had a great time!

So yesterday's run concludes my "easy" week. I ran 4.5 miles outdoors. It was a beautiful day, although I probably should have checked the temperature. I wore my long tights because when the kids and I had gotten out earlier it was jeans and a hoddie weather. But I quickly pushed down the arm warmers on my run and wished for shorts. Still, it was great weather for a run.

Right now, my sweet cousin is running her first half marathon (as is her husband, another cousin, that cousin's wife, a couple of friends from church, and a friend from college). I know she's going to rock it! And I can't wait to hear all of their stories.

It's hard to believe that in one month...yes, ONE MONTH! I'll be running my first half! Scary but exciting. Of course, I have to worry about the fundraising part now, for real. I need to raise at least $200 in the next four weeks. I've got an idea that didn't quite gel, but I think I can still make it work. Anyone wanting to run a "virtual run" next weekend (March 5) with me can go to my fundraising site www.info-komen.org/goto/cmjohnson and donate. Any amount would be appreciated...and then we'll all know we are out there running or walking (any distance, anywhere) for the same cause. Plus, you'll be supporting me as I run my first 10-miler. The sound of that alone scares me!

So, here's the weekly mileage report:
Weekly: 17.6 miles
YTD: 120.6 miles

2 comments:

  1. 20 Weeks Pregnant
    This week: 14.82 miles
    YTD: 87.78 miles

    I'm staying close to my plan!

    ReplyDelete