Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A little craftiness

Monday afternoon, the kids and I got a little crafty in the kitchen. I've had this project in mind for a while, and I've even had the stuff on the counter for a few days. We made these gifts for the kids' teachers. Originally they would have been gifts for the beginning of the year, but since that's also my beginning of the year, things were a little too crazy then. Now they were "sweet September" gifts instead :)

Here's the final product:


It's a little hard to tell, but it's a coffee mug with marshmallow pops and pencils.

The marshmallow pops looked like this (well, minus the sticks):



The kids had fun dipping the marhmallows into the almond bark and then adding the sprinkles. I took care of adding the sticks and putting the actual gift together. We did sack up a few of the marshmallows to give as little gifts as well.
A half package of almond bark made a whole package of big dipped marshmallows with a little leftover. I had some cinnamon bun flavored mini marshmallows, so I coated them with the chocolate and added sprinkles. They were really good too and made a few cute gifts too.

I'm loving some of the flavored marshmallows I've found! The gingerbread ones are my favorites :) Now, if they'll just come out with pumpkin ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment