Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Check-In

I'm counting today's run as my September Moms Run This Town Virtual Run. I didn't print out my bib before I ran, and I didn't think to take a picture, which is too bad because I actually had a running buddy today.

The kids were at my parents' last night, so my husband and I got a much-needed dinner and a movie date night. I also got to sleep in this morning...but that meant I got a late start running. Luckily, the weather was beautiful this morning!

Because I got a late start, I thought I'd see if my friend Jessica could come run with me. She tends to be a treadmill runner, so I thought it'd be good to hit the road together. She was able to come but didn't want to do the 6 I had planned. I went ahead and got a couple miles in before she got here, and then we ran 3.25 together with just one walk break. We walked home afterwards, and it was really nice to get to visit while we walked.

Running is good for so many things. Sometimes it's my much-needed alone time. Sometimes it's how I deal with stress or frustration. Other times it's about the running community. And other times it's about a connection with friends (or family, in my case). And of course, it's about health and fitness some of the time.

Training has officially started for the Las Vegas half in December. I still haven't figured out how to fit in strength training, but at least I'm running :)

Mileage Report
Weekly: 16.6 miles
YTD: 564.45 miles

2 comments:

  1. So excited you that we are officially training "together" now!

    Weekly: 17 miles
    YTD: 296 miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got a little over 9 miles in this week due to being sick. But for the year, I've got 423.71 miles!

    ReplyDelete